Everest Base Camp - The Packing List

I'll kick off this blog with a post on what I am actually taking with me on the trek.  I have done a lot of reading online on what to take and what not to take and too be honest, I am really none the wiser.  I think it's a matter of take what you think, and buy/leave behind anything else.  It's hard to know what to take at what time of year.  We are doing this trek in mid October.

Daypack
I am taking this 40l Blackwolf pack, this one served me well on the Inca Trail last year.  However since then I have read up a whole lot more on daypacks and if I had my time again I'd probably go with something different (split inner storage, better inner pockets), but for now it will be fine.

Jackets
This is one I am not to sure about so I plan to take all four then leave whatever I don't need behind.
  • Berghaus down vest
  • North Face Nuptse down jacket
  • Vigilante Lightweight jacket
  • Rain jacket
Pants
  • 1 pair of waterproof pants
  • 1 pair of lightweight hiking pants
  • 1 pair of fleece pants to wear of a night time at the teahouses
Tops
  • 2 long sleeve active base layers
  • 3 lightweight wicking t-shirts
  • 1 long sleeve shirt
  • 1 Fleece jumper (sweater)
Thermals
  • 1 pair of merino long sleeve and long pants 
Gloves
  • 1 pair woollen
  • 1 pair waterproof
Headwear
  • 1 cap for when it's warm out....gotta protect that bald head!
  • 1 beanie
Footwear
  • AKU low cut hiking boots.
  • North Face Traction mule slippers for nights at the tea houses
  • Flip flops if I actually decide to take a cold shower
Miscellaneous
  • Head torch
  • Elastic clothesline
  • Nepali phrase book
  • Large poncho.  This was awesome on the Inca Trail when the rain came down.  Again, might leave this one at the hotel if it is not required.

Of course I also have a swag of medical stuff and toiletries.


I'll review this post once I get back and notify what was necessary and what wasn't.

Here are some pics:












SHARE
    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment