3....2....1....BUNGY!










Todays voyage took us pretty much back on ourselves from the previous days as we made our way back from Te Anau with our destination being Wanaka. We stopped at a few spots along the way to snap some pics but it was mostly country we had seen before. We did however see a very rare sight on our travels, a cop car on a straight with a speed camera. These Kiwis are not revenue raisers like our force!

We stopped off at Arrowtown for lunch and we really loved this little town. All the buildings are the old school look from the gold rush days, it feels like you are at Sovereign Hill.

So as we were driving today I started to get the urge that I wanted to do the Bungy jump. After we left Arrowtown we headed up the road to the AJ Hackett Bungy spot at Kawarau Bridge (this is the spot we stopped at last Friday). After much to’ing and fro’ing I decided that yes I wanted to do this jump. So I rig up and take the shuffle out to the tiny platform. From the photos you would think that I am super confident but in reality I was terrified. 3….2….1 bungy and off I went. I must say it’s a pretty exhilarating feeling, however I reckon a second time around I would take it in more.

After this we headed off towards Wanaka on a very windy road which has some awesome views. We got here about 4pm and are really enjoying it. It’s like a mini Queenstown, alpine feel but only half the people. We have a beautiful room overlooking the lake. We like it so much that we decided that we would stay again tomorrow night so will just have a chillout day tomorrow. I am happy to report that Kells Bells injuries are pretty good. She will treat herself to a much deserved massage tomorrow.

After an absence of a few days I can present you today’s marvellous parking effort. This one occurred in the carpark of our accommodation. Not a bad effort, probably on par with the Mount Cook one. I don’t think anything is gonna top Tekapo but you just never know!
Posted by Picasa
SHARE
    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment