Oh how I love to be beside the seaside

What a touch of paradise we have landed in.   Even though it took us what seemed an age to get here it was more than worth it.   Cobblestone streets,  18 century architecture,  beautiful churches,  a majestic seaside landscape,  oh and delicious ice cream!!

The day started with a visit to a local waterfall that I rode down on the rocks. Then I got to go inside the waterfall.   There was a small ledge in there to sit on and see the water rush just over your head.

We got a guided tour of the town in the afternoon by a local named Wado.   His family is one of only a handful of families that are left in the town from its beginnings. He then invited us to the family home for an evening meal.   We had a delicious meal and quite a peculiar dress up show from our fellow travellers.   We all had a great night and felt privileged to have eaten with such a loving family.

Tomorrow is a free day which we are very much looking forward to.


Our guide Wado and I down by the port 


Gary from South Africa looking frightening!

I think we'll let this picture speak for itself.   I'm glad I don't have hair anymore!




I much prefer Kel's normal face :)


SHARE
    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment